What is VAFs?
VAFs is a trademarked mental model that helps you know what to eat to eat healthy and even achieve lasting weight loss without resorting to extremes. The core of this mental model lies in the four food types to eat consistently to support a healthy and fit body.
These foods are:
- V: non-starchy Vegetables & Fruits
- A: Animal & Plant Protein
- F: healthy Fats
- s: starchy vegetables & whole grains.
But VAFs goes beyond the food types and into several core principles that help you know how to eat to support your goals. These principles include:
- Connecting to the emotional reason you want to change how you eat
- Understanding what real hunger and satisfaction feel like for you
- Satisfying your hunger using the right foods at the right time
- Eating the right portion size for you when you do eat
- Adapting your healthy lifestyle to your life and your environment
- Fitting your healthy lifestyle into the rest of your priorities
- Making adjustments when the data or your life signal that they’re needed
- Exercising to maintain lean muscle mass
- Practicing self-compassion to keep you on track when you slip up
How can VAFs help you lose weight?
Even though VAFs is focused on healthy eating as a whole, VAFs can help you lose weight because it focuses on helping you eat whole foods in a way that supports your weight loss goals.
It doesn’t require deprivation, which makes it easy for you eat healthy consistently in the context of your busy life. And consistency is what helps you get results.
Eating healthy with VAFs will help you lose weight by:
- prioritizing nutrient-dense naturally low calorie foods, non-starchy Vegetables & Fruits
- focusing on helping you make your meals satisfying using protein and the right amount of healthy Fats
- helping you choose the right carbs in the right quantities so you’re not piling on too many calories in your eating pattern in our carb filled world
- focusing on helping you do this at least 80% of the time so you can eat healthy in enough frequency to lose weight and not feel deprived
- helping you fit healthy eating into your life instead of trying to shove your life into a particular plan
- setting you up to use exercise as a part of the process that helps you achieve lasting weight loss in a way that you enjoy instead of the thing you have to do to burn calories
Ready to take the next steps to build a healthy lifestyle with VAFs?
Then start by using The Healthy Eating Made Easy Cheat Sheet to use the VAFs® mental model to put your healthy eating on autopilot.
With this cheat sheet, you’ll:
- Know the exact healthy foods to eat when you’re hungry so you don’t end up grazing on crap all day.
- Quickly identify healthy options on a menu when you’re not cooking your meals yourself.
- Have more energy, more fun, and “more looking amazing” in every outfit you own.
Bottom line The Cheat Sheet will help you eat to get and stay in the best shape of your life!